BUT, here’s what I’m going to tell you about finding private yoga business…
There is no magic bullet that will get you tons of private students. There is no one trick or tip that I can give you that will get you a whole bunch of new business. It’s more nuanced than that.
I know that isn’t a popular opinion among coaches who want to sell you their services for top dollar. I don’t care, I’m not one of those coaches. I thrive on honesty and sanity.
That said, there is plenty you can do to build up this part of your business. Here are a few tips:
- Look at your business holistically and build it up with a variety of revenue streams. This helps potential private students find you.
- Figure out how to best market your services to attract your ideal client. Don’t cast a wide net, be specific about who you are looking to help.
- When you make the decision to put yourself out there as a teacher, you will build up a student base with folks who are crazy about your teaching. This will help foster your private business.
- When you learn how to pitch your services everywhere you go (I call it pitchin’ privates), you’ll get more students. Remember, you have to tell people that private yoga is a thing and that you teach it. They don’t always come up with the idea on their own.
- It doesn’t hurt to explore online services that hook you up with potential clients like Thumbtack, but know that folks who use those services are more likely to price shop.
Here is arguably the most important tip I have about private yoga. After spending a decade in sales, I learned a thing or two about selling. The best advice I ever got was to sell the value, not just quote a price. In fact, I used to put off quoting a price for as long as I could until I was sure my customer understood the value of what I had to offer. I use this same exact strategy whenever I’m asked about my private yoga rate.
If you’ve ever scared off a potential private student by quoting your rate, you NEED to watch this video. In short, all you need is “The Pen Analogy”. Watch and learn!